Table of Contents
UCF sponsors one Excellence in Librarianship award to recognize the outstanding contributions and support given to UCF’s faculty and students by its library faculty members.Back to Top
The recipient of the Excellence in Librarianship award shall receive a one-time payment of $2,000. Award amounts are treated as income and are subject to normal withholding tax.Back to Top
- Must be a full-time employee in the appropriate discipline with at least three years of continuous non-visiting, non-OPS service at UCF immediately prior to the current year.
- Must have served at UCF as a librarian on a permanent line for the current year and at least the three years immediately preceding the current year.
- Must not have received an Excellence in Librarianship award in the past three academic years.
The criteria for evaluating applicants’ files shall include two major categories:
- Evidence of extra effort to improve library services and collections;
- Evidence of a sustained period of excellence in the library profession.
Applications must be submitted as a single PDF file (no portfolios please) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following materials are required:
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of philosophy of librarianship
Evidence may be demonstrated by, but not limited to:
- Evidence of innovative contributions to UCF or the library field
- Evidence of extra effort to improve library services, collections, etc.
- Evidence of a sustained period of excellence in the library profession
- Letters in support of the applicant
Evaluation and Award Process
The Faculty Affairs Committee will determine the recipient.Back to Top