Sabbaticals are granted to increase an employee’s value to the University through opportunities for research, writing, professional renewal, further education or other experiences of professional value. For more information regarding in-unit faculty, please see Article 22 of the current collective bargaining agreement. For non-unit faculty at the College of Medicine, please contact the dean’s office for more information.
The employee must return to the University for at least one academic year following participation in the program. If the employee fails to return to the University for at least two consecutive semesters, fall and spring, in the academic year following participation in the program, all salary and fringe benefits received during their participation in the program must be repaid to the University within 30 days of resignation or job abandonment. If the employee makes little to no effort to complete the project described in the application, the employee shall receive an “Unsatisfactory” overall annual evaluation and will be ineligible to apply for a sabbatical for ten years.
All application materials are uploaded for consideration through Interfolio and include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Sabbatical Proposal (two-page statement) that includes:
- Description of the program and activities to be followed while on sabbatical;
- Expected increase in value of the employee to the University, the college and the employee’s academic discipline;
- Specific results anticipated from the sabbatical;
- Any anticipated supplementary income.
- Additional Materials (vary by college)
- Sabbatical – Application Form
- Please select:
- 1A (one semester full pay), or,
- 1B (two semesters three-fourths pay for one academic year)
- Indicate date of last sabbatical (if applicable).
- Proposed location of sabbatical.
- Please select:
Post-approval Memorandums of Understanding
College of Medicine Faculty (Non-Unit and Non-Administrative)