Table of Contents
The In-Unit Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award recognizes outstanding undergraduate-level teaching. College-level awards are distributed proportionally according to the number of eligible faculty in each college. The college awardees will also be considered for one additional University Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching.
Please contact your college for earlier deadlines.Back to Top
Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award recipients shall receive a $2,000 one-time payment. The university-level Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award recipient shall receive an additional $2,000 one-time payment. Award amounts are treated as income and are subject to normal withholding tax.Back to Top
- Employees must be assigned to teach at least two undergraduate courses in the current academic year and to have taught at least six undergraduate courses over the preceding three academic years.
- Employees who have received an Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching award in the past three academic years in the category for which they are applying are not eligible for this award.
The criteria for evaluating applicants’ files shall include three major categories:
- Innovations to improve undergraduate teaching;
- Undergraduate teaching accomplishments/honors;
- Evidence of impact on undergraduate teaching.
*** All applications are submitted through Interfolio. For more information, please contact your college dean’s office.
1. Teaching Impact (one page max., 12-pt. standard margins – previous three years)
~ Statement of teaching impact and innovations on undergraduate teaching and learning
2. Courses Taught (previous three years)
~ By term, with undergraduate courses highlighted.
3. Enrollments and Grade Distribution (previous three years)
~ Include grade distribution for each class taught.
4. Student Perception of Instruction Reports (previous three years)
~ If student evaluation comments are used, all comments from a selected course must be included rather than selected excerpts
5. Teaching Strategies (one page max., 12-pt. standard margins – previous three years)
~ Those used to challenge students to achieve excellence and expand their intellectual horizons.
6. Teaching Materials (up to three examples)
7. Curriculum Vitae
8. Other (optional)Back to Top
Evaluation and Award Process
College Evaluation and Award Process
The dean of each college will charge a faculty committee to evaluate all applications and make selections for the College Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award. College recipients automatically compete for the University Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award.
University Evaluation and Award Process
A university committee with representation from each college that has in-unit faculty will select the University Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching recipient.Back to Top