Table of Contents
The Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award recognizes outstanding undergraduate-level teaching. One award is available through this program for the College of Medicine.
Please contact your college for earlier deadlines.Back to Top
The recipient of this award shall receive a one-time payment of $2,000. Award amounts are treated as income and are subject to normal withholding tax.Back to Top
- Must be a full-time employee with at least three years of continuous non-visiting, non-OPS service at UCF immediately prior to the current year.
- Employees must be assigned to teach at least two undergraduate courses in the current academic year and to have taught at least six undergraduate courses over the preceding three academic years.
- Employees who have received an Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching — COM award in the past three academic years in the category for which they are applying are not eligible for this award.
- Innovations to improve undergraduate teaching;
- Undergraduate teaching accomplishments/honors;
- Evidence of impact on undergraduate teaching.
Please include only relevant information over the last three years in CVs and application materials.
- Applicants should include only relevant information over the last three years on their CVs and in their application materials
- Additional component: Applicants to include a 1-2 page summary of their highlighted efforts in first section of packet
- Page limit: Application packets should not exceed 20 pages
Evaluation and Award Process
The dean will charge a faculty committee to evaluate the documentation submitted by the nominees and select the person to receive the College of Medicine Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching award. Faculty members who are under consideration may not serve on the selection committee in any capacity. If, in the judgment of the faculty committee, no award or nomination is merited, none need be made.
All nominees will be notified of their selection status by the college.Back to Top