Table of Contents
UCF sponsors the Excellence in Instructional Design award to recognize the outstanding performance, scholarship, and service of the Instructional Design faculty members.Back to Top
The recipient of the Excellence in Instructional Design award shall receive a one-time payment of $2,000. Award amounts are treated as income and are subject to normal withholding tax.Back to Top
- Must be a full-time employee in the appropriate discipline with at least three years of continuous non-visiting, non-OPS service at UCF immediately prior to the current year.
- Must be an instructional designer on a non-visiting, non-OPS 12-month contract at the time of nomination and over the three preceding academic years.
- Must not have received an Excellence in Instructional Design award in the past three academic years.
The criteria for evaluating applicants’ files shall include two major categories:
- Innovative contributions to UCF and/or the ID field;
- Evidence of outstanding effort to promote quality of online instruction and improve relationships with faculty members at UCF.
Applications must be submitted as a single PDF file (no portfolios please) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following sections are required:
- Curriculum vitae (including relevant publications, presentations, and receipt of awards)
- Statement of philosophy of Instructional Design
- Letters or other documentation in support of the candidate which should include, for example:
- innovative contributions to UCF and/or the instructional design field
- effort to improve instructional design services
- sustained excellence in the instructional design profession
- Additional letters in support of the candidate
Evidence may be demonstrated by, but not limited to:
- Evidence of innovative contributions to UCF and/or the instructional design field
- Evidence of extra effort to improve instructional design services
- Evidence of a sustained period of excellence in the instructional design profession
- Letters in support of the applicant
Evaluation and Award Process
The Instructional Design Personnel Advisory Committee (IDPAC) will determine the recipient.Back to Top