LIFE@UCF Women Faculty Recognition Awards
With generous support from the Learning Institute for Elders at UCF (LIFE@UCF), the LIFE@UCF Women Faculty Recognition Awards celebrate and promote President Hitt’s five strategic goals:
- Offer the best undergraduate education
- Achieve international prominence in key programs of graduate study and research
- Provide international focus to our curricula and research programs
- Become more inclusive and diverse
- Be America’s leading partnership university
We will honor women faculty whose scholarship, teaching, and/or service best represent excellence in this strategic mission of our university. These efforts must be:
- Recent (within the last 5 years) or ongoing,
- Have an academic focus, and
- Be related to teaching, scholarship and/or service while at UCF.
Rather than lifetime achievement awards, these awards are designed to celebrate a wonderful initiative spearheaded by the applicant. We request that applicants have had a leadership role and can explain the current or future impact of the initiative. Efforts can be formal (i.e. includes a memorandum of understanding) or informal (e.g. service-learning project with school); they can also be funded or unfunded.
Full-time instructors and lecturers (all ranks); librarians (all ranks); instructional designers (all ranks); and assistant, associate, full, research and clinical professors are eligible to apply. No faculty on adjunct lines will be considered. Only one application is allowed per faculty member.
Application Process and Deadline
Applicants must submit an online application to nominate themselves or a colleague.
The most meritorious submissions will be selected from the pool of applicants to receive professional development awards of $150.
Application period is now closed.
Presentation of Awards
All women faculty who apply for the award are invited to a formal reception. All women submitting applications will be showcased.
Please contact Faculty Excellence via email or call at 407-823-1113.