Faculty Fellows for Inclusive Excellence
One of the five pillars of UCF’s Institutionalization of our Collective Impact Strategic Plan is our promise to recruit, cultivate, and retain exceptional and diverse faculty, students, and staff.
Achieving these goals will require the engagement and support of the entire UCF community as we continue to cultivate an inclusive and supportive university community. The active participation of faculty members will be especially vital in achieving these goals. Faculty Excellence is seeking an additional Faculty Fellow for Inclusive Excellence, who demonstrates a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, beginning Spring 2019, through the 2019-2020 academic year with the potential for a summer appointment.
The Fellow will co-lead the development and implementation of an inclusive excellence plan with Dr. S. Kent Butler (IE Faculty Fellow) and under the guidance of Dr. Elizabeth Dooley, Interim Provost, Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning and Dean of the College of Undergraduate Studies, and Dr. Jana Jasinski, Vice Provost for Faculty Excellence.
Aligned with the COACHE nature of work and allowance of course release to pursue innovative activities, Faculty Excellence will transfer to the Fellows’ home unit up to $10,000 per academic year for course replacement costs. It is expected that a Fellow with teaching assignments will be released in whole or part from their instructional duties. Each Fellow will also receive an annual $5,000 stipend.
Responsibilities of the Fellow
- Assist in the development of a three – to five-year plan that will include goals and strategies to increase faculty recruitment, retention, faculty development and curricular integration to ensure that faculty feel supported and fully engaged with the university.
- Collaborate with others at UCF to leverage existing and future efforts by departments, faculty, administrators, staff and students to develop goals, objectives and actions for cultivating an enriched diverse and inclusive university community.
- Actively participate in national diversity and inclusion organizations and network with colleagues to learn ‘best practices’ that will inform campus diversity/inclusion initiatives and create a pipeline of professionals interested in pursuing opportunities at UCF. Some travel will be expected and will be reimbursed.
- Take the lead in conducting research on ‘best practices’ from other universities that have examined diversity and inclusion. This will include cultivating relationships for the purposes of applying to UCF those lessons learned with the goal of further enhancing a more inclusive university community.
- In partnership with the Office of Operational Excellence and Assessment Support (OEAS), conduct focus groups and forums to engage faculty, administrators and students in conversations on identifying strategies to cultivate an enriched and inclusive university community.
- Co-lead the Inclusive Excellence subcommittee of the Faculty Excellence Advisory Committee
All full-time tenured faculty who have achieved the rank of associate professor or professor and full-time non-tenure earning faculty who have achieved associate or higher (including clinical, instructional designers, instructors, lecturers, librarians, as well as non-tenure earning associate professors and non-tenure earning professors) are eligible to apply. All applicants must show evidence that they are making satisfactory progress towards the next rank and/or promotion. (e.g., applying for promotion in 2018-2019 or completed CPE at the rank of associate).
Evaluation of applications
Applicants will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Commitment to inclusive excellence at UCF
- Overall record and potential for leadership in faculty excellence initiatives, including alignment with the focus of the respective fellowship
- Vision for inclusive excellence for UCF & how serving in a Faculty Fellow role will contribute towards UCF achieving this vision
The evaluation committee will consist of the Vice Provost for Faculty Excellence and the Interim Provost, Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning and the Dean of the College of Undergraduate Studies.
Applications are closed.
Direct questions to Faculty Excellence at email@example.com or (407)-823-1113.