Chairs and Directors Leadership Circle
Leadership Circles are facilitated small groups of Chairs and Directors that meet monthly. These Circles provide a supportive and confidential environment in which Chairs and Directors can build leadership skills and have meaningful conversations that will assist in grappling with the issues they face in their roles. The inaugural Leadership Circle program was offered in 2016-2017. The Circle facilitator is Mr. Bob Case, a respected leadership executive who is external to UCF and whose biography is below.
The Leadership Circle will generally meet the 3rd Wednesday of each month from 8 – 9:30 a.m. (with a few exceptions).
Chairs and Directors that have a minimum of two years of experience as a Chair or Director (i.e., unit leader who directly supervises full-time faculty) may apply. Preference is given to Chairs and Directors who have attended 6 of the 8 Chairs and Directors Excellence Program sessions.
Applications are not currently being accepted.
Leadership Circle Members
2017-2018 members of the Leadership Circle include:
- Dr. Tosha Dupras Professor, Anthropology, College of Sciences
- Dr. Kerstin Hamann Pegasus Professor, Political Science, College of Sciences
- Dr. Naim Kapucu, Professor, School of Public Administration
- Dr. Elizabeth Mustaine Professor, Sociology, College of Sciences
- Dr. Reid Oetjen Associate Professor, Health Management and Informatics
- Dr. Sudipta Seal Pegasus Professor, Materials Science and Engineering, Advanced Materials Processing Analysis Center, NanoScience Technology Center
- Dr. Cherie Yestrebsky Professor, Chemistry, College of Sciences
- Dr. Richard Zraick Professor, Communication Sciences & Disorders, College of Health & Public Affairs
Inaugural members of the 2016-2017 Leadership Circle included:
- Tosha Dupras Professor, Anthropology, College of Sciences
- Kerstin Hamann Pegasus Professor, Political Science, College of Sciences
- Gary Leavens Professor, Computer Science, College of Engineering & Computer Science
- Elizabeth Mustaine Professor, Sociology, College of Sciences
- Sudipta Seal Professor, Materials Science and Engineering, Advanced Materials Processing Analysis Center, NanoScience Technology Center
- Graham Worthy Pegasus Professor, Biology, College of Sciences
- Richard Zraick Professor, Communication Sciences & Disorders, College of Health & Public Affairs
Questions can be directed to Faculty Excellence at email@example.com or 407-823-1113.
Leadership Circle Facilitator
Robert B. Case
President, Demetree Global
President and CEO, HCR
Robert Case is the President of Demetree Global, the Demetree Family of companies. In addition, he is the President and Chief Executive Officer of HCR, a high-quality provider of professional consulting, remediation, construction, and emergency response.
Mr. Case has a rich background in a variety of executive positions. He joined Sears, Roebuck, and Company early in his career serving in a variety of management positions, including Store General Manager, Regional Executive Development Manager and Region Business Manager with full P&L accountability for a $90 million enterprise. In 1991, he joined All America Termite & Pest Control.
Under his leadership, it became the third-largest residential pest control company with revenue exceeding $120 million annually. The company, which provided services in 17 states and Puerto Rico, became a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears while Mr. Case served as President and CEO. While less than 1% of Sears suppliers ever receive the Sears “Partners in Progress” Award, he won the honor an unprecedented six consecutive times.
In 2009, at the request of University of Central Florida’s Dean of the College of Business Administration (CBA), Mr. Case accepted the position of Executive Director of the Executive Development Center, a unit of the CBA established to provide leading executive education to both individuals and organizations. He now serves as Internal Consultant to the Office of the Dean.
Mr. Case is the owner and President of R B Case Consulting, Inc., a company that provides strategic development and executive coaching services. In addition, he recently served as the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer for eSchool Solutions, Inc., a software solutions business serving the K-12 educational market.
Raised in Orlando, Mr. Case graduated from the charter class of the University of Central Florida College Of Business Administration with a dual major of Management and Marketing. He continues to stay involved with UCF. Bob has been an evaluator of the MBA Candidate’s Strategic Analysis, serves as a judge for strategic analysis competition for graduating seniors, and is a member and past chair of the Dean’s Executive Council. In addition, he has served as an Executive-in-Residence, and is an inductee in the College of Business Hall of Fame.