Chairs and Directors Excellence Program
The Chairs and Directors Excellence Program (CDEP) will meet monthly for 1 to 1-/4 hour and will be held immediately preceding the Chairs/Directors Council. Generally these meetings will be the fourth Tuesday of each month beginning at 3:00, and Outlook invites will be sent to Department Chairs and Directors with all requisite details. These meetings will be closed in attendance to only Department Chairs and Directors so as to create a ‘safe space’ for conversation.
Please note that the dates/times/locations for the closed meetings for Chairs and Directors are not publicized online.
Please contact Faculty Excellence if you are a Department Chair/Director and are not receiving the Outlook invitations.
All Department Chairs and Directors are invited to participate in the CDEP and there is no application process. The agenda for the Chairs Council, which will meet immediately following the CDEP, will continue to be driven by its members.
Topics covered in the CDEP will include:
- Defining the role of the department chair at UCF
- Regulations/policies/procedures/CBA, paid parental leave, sabbatical, modified instructional duties
- Strengthening faculty
- Performance evaluations and reviews (tentative)
- Budgeting and managing facilities and space
- Awards and recognition master plan (tentative topic)
- Responding, investigating, and handling allegations (harassment, cheating) and handling individuals of concern
- Data tools and IKM data
- Work/life balance, department climate, building inclusive and supportive environment for all faculty and staff
- Strategic planning
- Role conflict and conflict management
- Investing time in your own development
To assist in accommodating schedules, a second session of the CDEP will be offered that will be offered not only to Department Chairs and Directors but also assistant/associate chairs, assistant/associate deans, and other directors and administrators for whom the information would be helpful.
Click on the button below for more information on meeting dates.