Faculty Excellence is pleased to announce the 10th year of the Women of Distinction awards, highlighting the achievements of outstanding faculty at UCF. Three awards will be given this year for “Excellence in Research and Creative Works.”
UCF faculty have maintained excellence in research and creative works throughout the pandemic. Accomplishments must be from the past year and have demonstrated impact in or outside of the UCF community. The committee looks to recognize what our faculty have accomplished during unprecedented times.
To celebrate at all stages of our careers, a colleague with up to 5 years of service as a faculty member, a colleague with 6 – 10 years of service as a faculty member, and a colleague with more than 10 years of service as a faculty member will be recognized.Back to Top
Full-time UCF faculty of all ranks and types (including all ranks of tenured and tenure-earning faculty and all ranks of non-tenure earning faculty including instructor, lecturers, instructional designers, librarians, research, and clinical) are eligible to apply. If groups apply, the team will be judged in the category reflecting years of service of the primary applicant. Self-nominations are encouraged.
Previous winners of the Women of Distinction Award are not eligible.Back to Top
Application Process and Deadline
Applications are now closed. Applicants must submit the following by 5:00 pm on September 24 in order to be considered:
- Completed WOD Qualtrics survey (click here).
- CV (1-3 page CV that highlights your activities related to your Excellence in Research and Creative Works. This will need to be uploaded into the Qualtrics survey).
- Up to 500-word description of applicant’s Excellence in Research and Creative Works. (This will need to be typed into the Qualtrics survey.)
- A 250-word statement explaining the impact of the work. (This will need to be typed into the Qualtrics survey.)
- Upload one letter of support from a supervisor with knowledge of applicant’s effort.
Presentation of Awards
Winners will be announced in a UCF Today article and invited to a special celebration with President Cartwright. The winners will each receive a professional development stipend to be used for professional travel, research development and academic materials in the amount $1,000 (provided by the President to the winner’s department that must be spent prior to mid-June 2022), and recognition on the Faculty Excellence website. If a group entry wins, the group will determine how to share the award.
Faculty Excellence will review submitted applications.Back to Top