Academic Leadership Academy
Offered for the first time in 2015-2016, Faculty Excellence established the Academic Leadership Academy with the primary objective of developing future academic leaders. The program provides an introduction to academic leadership, an opportunity for faculty to interact with senior academic leaders, and the chance to build a mental model of university administration. Participants also develop a leadership network with peers from across multiple disciplines. The goals of the program are to build community and to instill the skills and attitudes of leaders, including a commitment to the role of diversity in achieving excellence.
The years in which the Academic Leadership Academy is offered alternates with Provost Faculty Fellows such that ALA is offered in even-numbered academic years (e.g., 2018-19, 2020-21).
Topics covered in 2016-17
- Understanding Your Leadership Style, Strengths, and Weaknesses, and Developing a Career Roadmap
- UCF Organizational Structure
- UCF Budget
- Understanding Your Conflict Mode and Conflict Resolution
- Role of the Dean
- Role of the Department Chair
- How to Transition from Colleague to Supervisor
- Faculty Governance, UFF, Faculty Senate
- Fundraising and External Sources of Funding
- Next Steps in Your Career
Contact Faculty Excellence at email@example.com or 407-823-1113.